10 day non-concurrent
Skills for Justice (SFJ) Awards
Course overview and learning outcomes
This qualification is aimed at those who are new to working in a fire safety role and wish to build on their knowledge and gain recognition of their competence.
The course will provide the knowledge and understanding of core fire safety principles including the technical, legislative and practical skills required to support the role of fire safety auditor and create a solid base for further learning. Qualifications are awarded through Skills for Justice (SFJ Awards).
This qualification consists of the following 6 mandatory units:
- Plan and gather evidence for the purpose of fire safety regulation in simple premises
- Visit simple premises for the purposes of fire safety regulation
- Assess risks associated with fire in simple premises
- Identify and report hazards and risks associated with fire in simple premises
- Confirm measures are in place to protect people from fire in simple premises
- Review fire protection systems in simple premises
Our technological solutions enable a blended delivery model, combining e-learning, online and/or face-to-face learning. All learning and assessment will be hosted and supported through our Moodle LMS platform, which provides learners with a centralised portal to access their learning materials and undertake practical assessments. Throughout the learning and assessment process, skilled and qualified tutors will be readily available to provide guidance and expert advice to learners.