The Fire Service College is actively seeking associate tutors to deliver practical training to support our future demand, both in the UK and internationally. We are looking for individuals who have operational knowledge and experience within the fire and rescue sector, and who are ideally already a skilled trainer.
On occasion you will also be required to act as a subject matter consultant to support the sales and bid process at the Fire Service College.
Key Technical Skills:
- Possess a significant level of specialist knowledge, expertise and interest in the USAR field, and a good understanding of the challenges faced at Urban Search & Rescue incidents.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of instructional and teaching techniques, including classroom layout, lesson planning, lesson design, lesson delivery and evaluation.
- Have recent experience of working as a USAR Technician or Instructor in a Fire & Rescue Service.
- Experience of assessing competence of individuals to accredited and non-accredited courses, recording evidence, providing detailed feedback and writing up/recording observations or development plans.
- Experience of managing learner expectations in line with their individual or employer requirements.
- First-hand knowledge and applied experience using a range of software based applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email.
- Experience of using a range of diverse course delivery platforms and associated administrative software.
- Compliance with internal reporting systems aligned to ISO9001 and the Data Protection Act.
- Minimum of two years’ experience delivering learning and development, including on the job technical and management skills.
- Face to face delivery to small and large groups of learners. Applying agreed delivery methods and materials to ensure that course outcomes are met.
- Assessing individual learner performance, recording outcomes, providing feedback and learner progress updates in line with customer deadlines and requirements.
- Co-ordinating and managing a number of training resources including equipment, venues, vehicles ensuring they are ‘fit for purpose’, safe to use and are kept secure when not in use.
- Updating and completing all course administration and associated documentation , including: attendance registers, assessments and portfolios, learner performance reports, course evaluation records, examinations and end of course reporting.
- Supporting adhoc projects and tasks in line with the role and operational requirements of the College.
Have successfully completed the following courses and can provide evidence of:
- USAR1T Initial Technicians course
- USAR2T Technicians course
- USAR5T Timber shoring course and have the ability to instruct Timber Shoring to the highest standard
- Ideally have completed USARI / USAR instructor course
- PTLLS/AET level 3 or above or equivalent teaching qualification
- Assessors qualification D32/33, A1, CAVA (desirable, but not essential)
Start date: ASAP
To apply, please send your CV and a short covering letter detailing your skills and experience in this area to email@example.com
No agencies please