The Fire Service College is actively seeking associate tutors to deliver practical training to support our future demand, both in the UK and internationally. We are looking for individuals who have operational knowledge and experience within the fire and rescue sector, and who are ideally already a skilled trainer.
On occasion you will also be required to act as a subject matter consultant to support the sales and bid process at the Fire Service College.
- The effective planning and delivery of training to external customers internationally
- Maintain and update knowledge of both products and best learning practice to ensure continuous improvement and innovation
- Be able to evaluate student skills effectively and provide developmental feedback
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training (equivalent or higher)
- Knowledge of Fire Service Operations
- Minimum of years 2 experience of effective classroom training internationally
- Experience in preparing and running professional quality and highly effective training courses to a culturally diverse learners
- Understanding of how people learn and keep pace with best practice techniques
- Strong desire and enthusiasm to learn new subjects and share with others
- Be well organised and have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience of working with the use of interpreters
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of learners, staff, visitors and contractors whom you come into contact with
- To actively maintain and develop your skills through continuous professional development
- Good working knowledge of IT and networking skills
- Experience of creating high quality learning materials
- Speaking second languages would be advantageous
- Understanding of community engagement within a Fire Service
To download a copy of the position description for the above job, please click here
If you feel that you meet all the above selection criteria, please can you email your CV and a short covering letter stating why you want to work for the college and what skills you could offer to email@example.com. If you meet our requirements, you will be invited in for an interview at the college, however if you do not hear anything within 21 days of applying, please take it that your application has been unsuccessful.