The main purpose and key objectives of the ICT Specialist are:
- Troubleshoot and administer infrastructure and applications supporting the businesses daily operations.
- To ensure all services provided are delivered within agreed SLA and financial commitments.
- Provide effective ICT support for the event delivery operations of the college
The objective of the role is to ensure minimum disruption to the infrastructure and applications environment as a result of any technical issue or change; the return to normal service is always the first priority.
The ICT specialist will carry out investigations into systems, respond to user incidents, install hardware, support events and course delivery and make appropriate adjustments and work to documented process and abide by all policies.
Principle Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Provide an ICT platform to support college staff in their daily operational activities.
- Ensure all services are delivered to SLA, managing internal and external customer escalations as required.
- Interface and build strong relationships within the business.
- Develop and execute the processes and procedures required to ensure successful delivery of new and existing services, ensuring new clients & solutions are transitioned into service successfully with both client and operational needs taken into account at all times.
- Liaise with external suppliers and contracts as required, to ensure effective delivery of service.
- Any other reasonable request that requires ICT Specialist skills.
- Responsible for personal compliance with Company Health & Safety, Security and Compliance Policies, ensuring working practices minimise risk to self, work colleagues, customer, staff and the environment.
- Comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to role.
- Ensure that the activities required by the safety, security and policies are delivered throughout the areas of responsibility of this role.
- Ensure that any systems and procedures introduced by the Company are effectively implemented and adhered to.
- Maintain awareness and adhere to:
- Capita Security & Information Policy.
- External Legislation (e.g. Data Protection Act, Federation against Software Theft (FAST), Copyright).
- Capita IT Policies and Procedures.
Required Role-Specific Competencies / Experience / Educational Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience in delivering infrastructure support technology solutions and services to external clients.
- Demonstrable experience in managing technical infrastructure and configuration items.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of wide range of infrastructure technologies, including:
- Microsoft (physical and virtual) (such as Windows Server X, Active Directory, Windows X).
- Desktop imaging and build technologies including application packaging and distribution solutions.
- DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP services.
- Network and telephony infrastructure (such as Cisco LAN & WAN, firewalls, wireless networks and analogue and IP telephony technologies).
- Storage and backup solutions.
- Experienced in liaising with 3rd party suppliers and service contracts.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering audio visual support and solutions.
- Proven customer and relationship management skills.
- Awareness and experience of operating to project management principles.
- Able to obtain SC clearance as required.
- Relevant technical certifications in MS, Citrix, VMware, Cisco, 3COM, HP or other infrastructure technologies.
- Exposure to ITIL best practises.
- Full Driving License.
- A professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Customer-first and can-do attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to meet targets and strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail, highly organised and efficient approach to tasks.
If you feel that you meet all the above selection criteria, please can you email your CV and a short covering letter stating why you want to work for the college and what skills you could offer to email@example.com. If you meet our requirements, you will be invited in for an interview at the college, however if you do not hear anything within 21 days of applying, please take it that your application has been unsuccessful.