You will have top level experience in fire engineering, fire risk assessment, auditing and investigation. Being part of our professional and enthusiastic team, you will strive to provide market leading training and the highest levels of learner engagement.
Acting as a learning champion, you will deliver inspiring and engaging teaching, whilst creating a positive lasting impression, delivering unrivalled professional tuition.
- Knowledge of prevention and detection of fire in domestic, commercial and industrial premises
- Knowledge of buildings, building materials, protection equipment and fire safety principles
- Knowledge of community safety issues
- Able to prepare lesson plans if required
- An ability to map lesson content to learning outcomes or assessment criteria
Principle Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Delivering dynamic and innovative fire safety lessons using blended learning and facilitation.
- Ensuring the efficient running of the courses, making sure customer needs are exceeded.
- Liaison with programmes and planning on timetable issues.
- Adherence to current FSC policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all venues are left in a safe, suitable and clean condition after use.
- Making sure all participants leave the site safely and any defects are reported.
- Making sure all paperwork is returned to the relevant departments on time.
- To safely supervise all activities.
Required Role-Specific Competencies / Experience / Educational Qualifications
- A minimum of a level 3 initial teaching qualification (PTLLS or AET), equivalent or higher
- High level of confidence.
- Able to build rapport quickly.
- Ability to think on your feet quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proactive attitude.
- Methodical work process.
- Excellent time management.
- A professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Customer-first and can-do attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to meet targets and strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail, highly organised and efficient approach to tasks.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office products.
*Applicants without an initial teaching qualification may be considered, but will have to gain this qualification within six months of commencing the role.
If you feel that you meet all the above selection criteria, please can you email your CV and a short covering letter stating why you want to work for the college and what skills you could offer to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you meet our requirements, you will be invited in for an interview at the college, however if you do not hear anything within 21 days of applying, please take it that your application has been unsuccessful.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE